Monday, September 30, 2013

How is sound used within my extract? ~ 'sean of the dead'

In lesson me and my group chose to watch a scene from 'sean of the dead' (horror/comedy film).
We was asked to look at how sounds effect the scenario.
We watched the scene where there is a fight in the pub with the zombies, some of the sounds i noticed was:
~ when they are hitting the zombie with the pool stick the noise has been added in as a loud whipping sound. The noise has been over reacted so that the main focus is them whipping the zombie.
~ while this is happening, the song "dont stop me now" by Queen is playing on the jukebox ... this adds the comedy side to the fighting and the fighting seems in time with the music.
~ but the horror side is still there because of the groaning zombies and the dark and gloomy pub atmosphere.
here is the scene, this is not my video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB98-NOO9Ug&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment